Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Entry Five: Milestone Acceptance

Greetings, Sir Bloggian.

Today was our milestone acceptance for our Proof of Concept. To be blunt: it wasn't as bad as I originally thought. Don't get me wrong though, there were a few things that happened that gave me a pretty huge headache. I'm glad I had this experience though, because its a good reminder that things like this will happen in the industry and I do need to be prepared for them to happen. I have also been thinking a lot about my career choice lately. Going straight into games may be the Best, or the worst thing for me to do; it all really depends on the specific job that I land. I honestly feel like I could have done a lot of things differently during my education here at Full Sail. I have an issue with learning: I only absorb the knowledge I need to pass tests and progress through courses, and once they're over, out the knowledge goes from my head. It's horrible, but its the only way I know how to "do" school. Ever since I was a child its the way I've approached the whole "School" thing. I feel that once I get into the industry that I'll be inferior compared to most of the others around me. It could just all be in my head though, I mean... could I REALLY have gotten this far through the program, know the things that I know, and pass the foundations exam without studying if I didn't know what I was doing? I suppose we'll have to see. I'm scared to death but so excited at the same time to see how the next year of my life plays out.

No comments:

Post a Comment